Safety Updates & Policies
We are grateful to be open and safely welcoming visitors to experience innovative, immersive art. While high hygiene standards and touchless technology have always been part of the New City Gas experience, we have taken additional measures to further ensure the well-being of our guests and staff, including following all recommendations from local health departments and government agencies.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Our operational capacity has been limited to ensure and safe and comfortable experience for all guests, and at no point will the number of visitors on site exceed 10% of our legal occupancy capacity.
- We begin each day with a professional cleaning and sanitizing, and continue to maintain sanitizing procedures hourly.
- Additional touchless hand sanitizing stations have been installed.
- All staff are pre-screened and supplied with PPE.
- We offer complimentary rebookings for any ticketholders feeling sick, experiencing any symptoms, or those who have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
- We strongly encourage booking online in advance to ensure your desired date and session time. However, we may have a limited amount of walk-up tickets available onsite.
- As we continue to monitor and follow recommendations from local health departments and government agencies, these guidelines may change. Our top priority is the safety of our visitors and our team. To read more about local guidelines please refer to the Government of Quebec website.
The vaccine passport for use in Québec is required for people aged 13 and up to be admitted to certain places and non-essential activities, and at this time is compulsory upon entry to New City Gas. It may be presented in the following formats:
We are unable to offer exemptions from this entry requirement in accordance with local guidelines. If you are not able to visit our physical space, you can still enjoy Intangible Forms via our Extended Reality App. Find more information about it here.
We’ve created a safe environment for you and our staff, and kindly request that you also behave responsibly to ensure your safety and the safety of others. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you to Intangible Forms at New City Gas when you are ready!
Please note an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in all public places. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting New City Gas, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
What is the check in procedure?
- Arrive at the time on your ticket.
- Be ready with your ticket QR code or confirmation email. If you purchased a special pricing ticket please also bring the appropriate ID (student, senior, etc…)
- Once checked in, you will be directed to the Welcome Room for an introduction. You may need to wait a few minutes before entering the space in order to maintain proper social distancing.
Can I buy walk-in tickets?
We highly recommend purchasing tickets online to guarantee entry into the session at the time you wish to attend, as well as to have a contactless check-in. A very limited number of full-price tickets may be available at the door but they are dependent on capacity fluctuations and cannot be guaranteed. We expect many of our sessions to sell out, so the chances of tickets being available at the door are low.
What kind of face covering should I wear?
The current guidelines recommend wearing a mask or facial covering which snugly covers the face, especially the nose and mouth, whether store bought or homemade, and which is secured with ties or ear loops, include multiple layers of fabric, and allow for breathing without restriction. Masks include cloth face coverings, such as homemade cloth masks, store-bought fabric masks, bandanas or other cloth wrapped around the head that covers the mouth and nose, as well as medical or surgical masks. Face shields can be worn in addition to a mask/face covering, but they cannot be worn without one, as they do not meet the qualities of face covering.
Will I need to touch anything?
Our spaces contain immersive experiential and technology-driven works. The majority of interactive content is responsive to body movement at a distance and does not require physical contact. Any installations that require touch for activation are actively maintained and sanitized by our team. We also provide sanitizing stations within immediate proximity of these installations.
I am not feeling 100% but I don’t want to lose my ticket, what do I do?
If you are feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms we ask that you stay home. Our team will be happy to help you rebook your visit to a later date when you are feeling better. Rebookings are subject to availability. For assistance with updating your booking, please contact us to submit a request.
Is the XR Bar open?
The XR Bar, an extended reality bar powered by the ARTECHOUSE XR App, is not presently in operation in accordance with provincial restrictions set by the Government of Quebec.
We will continue to monitor and follow guidelines set by the provincial government, and hope to be able to open the XR Bar as soon as we are permitted to do so. Our top priority is the safety of our visitors and our team.