Important Info & FAQ
Plan Your Visit
Experience & Entry
Intangible Forms Experience
Intangible Forms by Shohei Fujimoto is presented by Produkt in collaboration with ARTECHOUSE, taking place on the historic site of New City Gas. This exhibition marks ARTECHOUSE's first collaboration in Canada, at the heart of the country's cultural capital.
Tickets are purchased for individual hour-long sessions. When space allows, visitors are welcome to remain with us past their hour-long session. Produkt reserves the right to enforce the one-hour timeframe when necessary, in situations including but not limited to at-capacity sessions, transition sessions and private sessions.
Please arrive on time for the start of the session for which you purchased ticket(s). Note that your ticket is only valid for the date and time purchased.
We suggest that visitors arrive within 15 minutes in advance of the time listed on their ticket(s) in order to ensure a smooth and efficient entry process. If you purchased a flexible-entry ticket, you may arrive at any time during our operations hours for the selected day.
If you are running late, we will do our best to accommodate you at the time of your arrival, however, you may need to wait longer to enter the gallery space as our safety procedures have been updated and we are operating under a reduced capacity. If you will be more than 30 minutes late for your session, please contact us for a one time courtesy rebooking (subject to availability).
Admission & Age Policy
All visitors ages 4 and up require a ticket to enter the venue. We strongly recommend purchasing tickets online ahead of time, as this is the only way to guarantee entry for your desired date and time.
Children aged 0-3 may enter for free, and ages 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult. All children must be closely supervised to ensure their safety and the safety of the artwork.
One member of your party must have a valid photo ID that matches the name on the tickets being used by your party and the name on the credit card used to purchase them. You cannot bring another person’s photo ID or photocopy.
We offer special pricing for students and seniors. Please bring your ID or other documentation to confirm your status as a member of one of these groups at check-in.
Hours of Operation
To ensure that everyone can enjoy a safe and comfortable experience, we have a few simple rules for our visitors.
- Respect the artwork and others sharing the space with you
- Speak quietly, and walk slowly
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Capture your memories with photos and video, but no flash.
- Honor the artist’s copyright; photos and videos are for personal use only
- Do not bring any outside food or drinks into the venue
- There is no smoking or vaping permitted at the venue
- Step inside with an open mind to explore a new form of Art, Science, and Technology
Rescheduling & Exchanges
We are happy to offer a one time courtesy rebooking for another day and time based on availability. Please email the box office as soon as you know you would like to do this. Exchange requests will only be honoured if the request is submitted before the date and time listed on your ticket(s). Please note that courtesy rebooking is always subject to availability. changed for the final weekend of the program.
All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and absolutely cannot be resold.
If a date/event is cancelled or the venue is closed, full refunds will automatically be issued to the original payment method.
Safety & Accessibility
Intangible Forms utilizes lasers, strobe lights and haze machines. All of the technology used is safe, as long as you follow the safety guidelines.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times
- Do not cross or reach over any of the barriers
- Do not touch any laser apparatus
- Do not look directly into any lasers or light fixtures
- If you are visiting us with children, you are required to stay with them at all times to ensure their safety
The New City Gas venue is located on a Heritage Montreal site, and as such was not constructed to be fully ADA compliant. However, our Visitor Experience team would be pleased to provide specific accommodations to any visitors that provide us with advance notice.
Mobility devices such as wheelchairs and walkers are permitted on the exhibition floor. Some individual installations may have an intended use or method of interaction that may be difficult for some visitors, but each is nonetheless fully maneuverable and compliant with the ADA.
Please note that Intangible Forms utilizes strong lighting effects, lasers, and loud sounds.
Warning & Disclosure
Installations are highly immersive and some may use strong lighting effects as well as loud surround sound.
- The installation is projected onto the floor as well as some of the walls which may cause disorientation and is not recommended for individuals who may become easily unbalanced.
- This installation is not recommended for individuals with a family or personal history of epilepsy, anxiety, heart conditions, a history of seizures, and/or sensitivity to flashing lights.
- Participants thought to be unstable or under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be admitted and will be requested to leave.
- Due to the complex technology employed, the installation may require unplanned maintenance; this may result in delays for visitors or in the cancellation of a visit. If it is not possible to reschedule a delayed or cancelled visit, a full refund on the price paid for tickets will be issued, but no further compensation will be paid.
Extended Reality Bar
The XR Bar, an extended reality bar powered by the ARTECHOUSE XR App, is not presently in operation in accordance with provincial restrictions set by the Government of Quebec.
We will continue to monitor and follow guidelines set by the provincial government, and hope to be able to open the XR Bar as soon as we are permitted to do so. Our top priority is the safety of our visitors and our team.
Intangible Forms is hosted on the historic site of New City Gas in Griffintown:
New City Gas
950 Rue Ottawa
Montréal, QC, H3C1S4
The entrance to Intangible Forms is located on the South side of Ottawa Street between Ann St and Rene-Levesque Blvd.
The nearest Metro station is Square Victoria-OACI, with bus stops at Robert-Bourassa / Ottawa, Wellington / Ann, and Peel / Ottawa.
If driving, please consult our parking options.
Stationnement Indigo Montreal (Marché Adonis)
225 Peel St, Montreal, Quebec H3C 0P8
Hôtel Alt Montréal
120 Peel St, Montreal, Quebec H3C 0L8
Local Street Parking
Be sure to verify signage for street parking availability
Get In Touch With Us
At this time, we do not offer customer service over the phone, but we are actively on email during hours that we are open! Please fill out our contact form to get in touch with our team.
Photography for personal use is allowed, however we request that you refrain from using flash. Visitors may not use tripods, selfie sticks, GoPros or similar accessories in the exhibition space.
Commercial photography, performances, product shoots, and all professional video and camera equipment is PROHIBITED.
For Press interviews and media shoots please contact us to submit a request. Kindly note that the submission of a request does not necessarily grant approval. Please await a response from our Press team before proceeding.
Food & Drink
To protect our technology on-site, we do not allow any outside food or beverages, including gum, inside the art space. Please dispose of any prior to your visit. Bottled water is permitted only in non-exhibit areas. When the XR Bar is operating, please remain in the bar area, no beverages are permitted on the main exhibit floor.
New City Gas is a smoke-free space, including e-cigarettes and vaporizers. Smoking is prohibited on the premises, while inside the confines of the building or within 3 meters of any exterior doors.
Offensive, abusive or threatening behavior or conduct, whether written, verbal or physical, will not be tolerated. Behavior towards guests or staff that creates an intimidating, hostile, or unsafe environment is strictly prohibited. No visitor shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed on the premises. The prohibition on firearms applies to all visitors, including those with firearm permits. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience for all our visitors. Please observe our guidelines and refrain from disruptive or unruly behavior. Visitors not observing guidelines will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
No running, no poking and no touching of the walls and hardware. We are excited to welcome kids of all ages to experience Intangible Forms at New City Gas; however, we request higher and very hands-on supervision from parents/adults accompanying their children. Though most of our installations are very interactive, not all installations are meant to be touched, but rather moved and interacted with from a distance. They can be more fragile than they seem.
What To Bring
- A valid photo ID is required for student and senior tickets confirming current status as a member of the corresponding group.
- A valid government-issued photo ID matching the name on the credit card used is required for check-in.
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required for each individual visiting for after-hours 18+ admissions.
- We request that you do NOT bring any drinks, food or illegal substances. Please dispose of any prior to arriving for your visit.
- Please do not bring tripods, selfie sticks or professional photo/video equipment during your visit.
- The use of costumes, non-health related masks and/or props is not allowed.
- Kindly note that there is no monitored or locked storage for visitors’ belongings. Therefore, please avoid bringing valuables during your visit.
- We also do not allow strollers, luggage or large backpacks onto the exhibition floor.
- No visitor shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed on the premises. This prohibition on firearms applies to all visitors, including those with firearm permits.
Bags & Strollers
Strollers, suitcases, luggage, large backpacks, and bags larger than 16” are not permitted in the exhibit space and cannot be checked or left with staff; however, they can be left in the coat check area. Please note, these areas are not closely monitored and New City Gas and its representatives do not take any responsibility for any lost, missing, stolen or damaged items.